lunes, 15 de marzo de 2010

LEGENDS OF THE AMAZON

Enjoy and learn form the stories Victoria has written on her own. They are amazing!

LEGENDS OF THE AMAZON


INTRODUCTION


My name is Amy, and I devote myself to investigate legends and customs of the tribes indigenous to the Amazon river. Every day crossed the river in a canoe in whose shores grow infinity of species of flora and fauna. The early rising birds furrow the sky and the monkeys jump of tree in tree. I come to the shore, tie the canoe in the most nearby tree and tackle the march to the town of the Indians shipibos. I took confidence with Cutita, the midwife of the town, which in his language it means “hands that they save”. Without waiting for it she told me a wonderful legend related to the pink dolphins, dolphins of pink color that live in the depths of the Amazon.

CHAPTER 1

THE PINK DOLPHIN

One morning, I helped Cutita in a childbearing, while she was attending to the native I was giving him the useful necessary ones for the childbearing. For my surprise the child who was born was albino. Cutita told me once these births had relation with the pink dolphin. This legend was saying that the dolphins were progeny of the gods and they could adopt human form. When they were going out to the surface and he was marrying a native the son of both was albino. After attending to the childbearing, I went to the river to investigate the fund with my team of diving. I submerged and gathered seaweed samples and captured rare fish species, but not track of the pink dolphin. Cutita saw what it was doing and said to me that my intentions were not worth while. The alone dolphin was appearing if you were whistling three times fiuuufufufufu... I did that and suddenly there appeared a creature of the fund of the river. It was the pink dolphin! finally it had it just in front of me! It was a beautiful dolphin with the pink skin and the knob raised as a token of greeting. He invited me to to continue it. I placed myself the oxygen bottle, because he did not know how long it would be in the fund and I submerged along with him seized to his back fin. It took me towards the depths where they were inhabiting thousands of species different from fish and in the deepest thing there were a few ruins of a city. He could not believe what my eyes were showing me. Houses, statues, temples destroyed and worn out by the currents with the step of the years. In the walls of some temples it were remaining engraved intact that they were representing to the pink dolphins. Suddenly we begin rising and it left me in the shore of the town. I said goodbye of my new friend the pink dolphin. He could not believe what it had seen in the depths of the Amazon! This city must keep a big secret. And I think to discover it!

CHAPTER 2

THE GENIUS OF THE WATER

On the following day I called my friend the pink dolphin. I even tried to communicate with him:

-Hello friend: can you take me again the submerged city, please?

He agreed. I had understood myself!

-Very well, since from now on we are friendly I will put name to you. Akar. Is it well?

It agreed again. Then I placed myself the oxygen bottles, fought on his back fin and we submerge towards the submarine city. Once there we begin investigating inside the biggest temple. In his walls some ancient engravings of the natives were still surviving adoring to the pink dolphins. At the bottom of the temple there was a made box of massive gold. I could not refuse to take it, but on having touched it, I activated a system that demolished the temple. I fought on Akar and we went away quickly from there.

In the shore I extracted the box and tried to open it with a razor. It was opened and inside there was a conch. Why would it serve?. I made her dream and suddenly the waters gave a strong movement and from them a water figure arose. It was scared. Not even a muscle could move of astonished that was. The strange figure looked at me and said to me:

-I am the genius of the water, the fact that everything sees it and controls. Your desires are orders for me: What does my mistress wish?

-Why are you here? - I asked him.

-You have made to dream the pleased conch of the god of the rain, which summons the magic beings of the water. You have made her sound and have woken up me. In gratitude I must grant three desires to you that you order me. Later I will disappear together with the conch and will never return.

-It costs, if I am your mistress I order you to return to the conch until it gives you a notice.

-This way it will be done the genius answered and it disappeared inside the conch.

I began looking for Akar between the waves that the genius had generated on having gone away but of fear it hid between the seaweed. I ran towards the town to tell him to Cutita what had happened.

-The genius of the water is a very powerful being, it is not necessary to him to anger or everything will destroy it. Now you are his mistress, so you can ask for any desire that you should want only with a condition, this desire must damage neither anything nor to anybody.

-Right now I do not wish anything, I want only to keep on investigating the Amazon and the mysteries that he keeps in his depths. It will be better that it reserves the desires for cases of extreme need. I must return to the river, Akar will be looking for me.

I turned to the river in search of my friend the dolphin and there he was waiting for me.

CHAPTER 3

CONSEQUENCES

When I recaptured the investigation again, the whole city collapsed when I did with the conch. This way, that it had to investigate in another place. Akar and I turned to plunge. We find a cave in the rock, cross it and find something incredible. It was a golden statue and it was representing to a pink dolphin!. To his feet there was an engraved inscription.

“Any that one that dares to touch me will throw a curse and will live with her through the rest of his life”. Then I, the fool of me, thought:

-I hope I could take it to the surface to examine it more thoroughly.

And then, in this moment I was in the shore with the big statue opposite to me. I did an idea to myself on whom it would have been. I called the genius who appeared in front of me. I said to him:

-Why have you done it?: I did not want that this desire was fulfilled!

-My mistress, any thing that you wish for minimum it to be I must grant it.

-Why did not you warn it to me?

It is not my duty to do it - he reproached me.

-Do not do it again. Only when I say this desire will be fulfilled. Is it clear?. Now it returns to the conch.

It disappeared again. Akar this time had not fled, it was still there immobile. Now when it could do. Those of the town they will not like that it has disturbed the sleep of a god. But if I say to them that it is a gift perhaps they do not reduce the head to me. This way I did it I delivered it to his leader and they put it like adornment in the center of the people. I was not relieved completely. This statue was bringing with it a curse that could fall down on the natives. Everything would be for my fault; but if I say to them that I rescued it with the help of a genius of the water, they will get angry moreover. Only he was trusting in Cutita which I told everything. He said to me:

-I will not say it to anybody, but if you cause any evil to the town, you can ask the genius to correct it. But it would cost you one of your desires.

-It would do it anyhow to protect this people.

I ran to the shore to take my canoe and to return to the city. I prayed so that nothing happened to the town while he was sleeping. I dreamed of the genius of the water; enslaving natives, forcing them to fulfill his orders and messages. While I was remaining of crossed arms seeing how it was doing it. To the awakening I knew it, the genius must disappear forever. Alone he wanted to be free to take possession of the Amazon and to enslave his people. One could not allow it!. I will wish the genius to disappear forever, but earlier I must verify that the people of the town were well and then I will send the genius to the depths of the river.

CHAPTER 4

THE CURSE OF THE PINK DOLPHIN

I mounted myself in my canoe and rowed the most rapid thing that I could. It had to do what had happened to the shipibos. Will they have turned into statues? will they have died while they were sleeping? and if... he could not think about that now. It had to come already. I tied the canoe to a tree and went hastily and without break towards the town. My fears had been fulfilled. All the inhabitants had transformed in golden statues. He could not believe it!. I looked for some survivor. There was none. I looked for Cutita that in this moment was in his hut attending to a childbearing. I took the conch and invoked the genius. It appeared before me and I said to him with anger:

-All this is your fault!. If have granted this desire would not have spent this!

-In fact this is your fault he reproached me if you had not wished it to extract the statue of the water and it was not opening fallen down the curse to them. Of whom is it the fault, then?

-You extracted it by the way, you knew that this would happen I shouted him since I am still your proprietor and wish you to withdraw the curse from this people. ALREADY!

-Since you want.

And suddenly all the statues turned to transform in the same natives who were. Cutita also woke up. In this precise moment the golden statue was destroyed leaving in his place golden dust, which the natives gathered happily. Nobody noticed the genius, who had gone away in the same moment in which the statue was destroyed. Nobody was remembering to have been petrified, what supposed a mitigation for me. I ran towards the shore and there I invoked the genius again:

- genius I am going to wish you to disappear, you cause only problems.

- I am afraid that you cannot, it loves. I am the genius of the water, if I eliminate the water of the world it will disappear with me. What would suppose the end of the humanity: no?

-It is well, so I wish you to shut yourself up forever in this conch. Never, although they invoke you, you will never go out.

-It is well, this way it will be done.

And it disappeared again. Between the waves that it formed was Akar. I called him to say something to him.

-Akar, submerge between the waters and take with you this conch towards the deepest of the river. You will be his guard and in sleep you will tell me what happens.

That one was the last time that I saw Akar. It submerged between the waters with the conch in the snout. He knew that it did a promise and I am sure that my good friend her will fulfill the pink dolphin.

Yesterday evening I had a long and beautiful sleep, fiuuufufufufu... by Victoria Navarrete 1ºB

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Enviar comentarios [Atom]

<< Inicio